THIS MINERAL EXTRACTION/MINE/QUARRY DOES NOT MEET THE STANDARDS REQUIRED FOR A CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT FOR PLACEMENT ON AN A-1EX EXCLUSIVE AGRICULTURE DISTRICT PROPERTY IN THE ZONING LAWS AND REGULATIONS IN DANE COUNTY OR THE ALBION TOWNSHIP COMPREHENSIVE PLAN. STOP IT MARCH 11, 2014! 7:00 P.M. ROOM 354 AT 210 MARTIN LUTHER KING BLVD MADISON, WI. CITY-COUNTY BUILDING
THIS IS THE LAW IN DANE COUNTY! Make sure they abide by their own law, oppose this conditional use permit because it does not meet the standards of Dane County zoning laws. Remember, the next mine could be next to your home.
(h) Standards. No application for a conditional use shall be granted by the town board or zoning committee unless such body shall find that all of the following conditions are present:
1. That the establishment, maintenance or operation of the conditional use will not be
detrimental to or endanger the public health, safety, comfort or general welfare;
2. That the uses, values and enjoyment of other property in the neighborhood for purposes already permitted shall be in no foreseeable manner substantially impaired or diminished by establishment, maintenance or operation of the conditional use;
3. That the establishment of the conditional use will not impede the normal and orderly
development and improvement of the surrounding property for uses permitted in the
4. That adequate utilities, access roads, drainage and other necessary site improvements have been or are being made;
5. That adequate measures have been or will be taken to provide ingress and egress so designed as to minimize traffic congestion in the public streets; and
6. That the conditional use shall conform to all applicable regulations of the district in which it is located.